Premier IT Services
Call us today at 1-888-374-4564
"Our customers need someone they can trust when it comes to computer purchases, delivery, and maintenance."
Helping Small Businesses Do Big Things
IT Services and Support in Pittsburgh, Greensburg, Irwin, PA, and surrounding areas. Call Shiloh Service for Network Support, Computer Repair Service, maintenance contracts, and more. At Shiloh, our focus is to provide small and medium sized businesses with the IT Services and IT Support they need.
Free Business Computing Needs Analysis
Shiloh’s Free Business Computing Needs Analysis provides a complete audit of all your company’s computerized functions. It includes specific network support, hardware and computer software recommendations, along with estimates for the purchase or lease of needed systems.
Contact Shiloh today to save time, money, and frustration, while bringing your company up to pace with today’s IT Support challenges.
How to Avoid Costly Computer Repair Service
A maintenance plan is the answer. At Shiloh, we can remotely monitor, update, and patch your network and computers in the background, without interrupting your day.
We also schedule regular visits to maintain your computer hardware, update software, and fix problems before they happen. Plus, for the ultimate peace of mind: never pay another service bill outside of your contract.
- With Shiloh’s Premier Service Plan, we partner with you to provide proactive IT Services for one monthly price. No more unexpected costs for IT emergencies!
- Shiloh IT Support offers a variety of solutions for your business. Shiloh Service, Inc. works with you to customize a computer hardware, software, or network support solution to meet your specific needs and budget.
Shiloh's Promises To:
- Give you a free solution recommendation
- Respond quickly to your request for a price quote
- Itemize quotations
- Stay in budget
- Provide a comprehensive one year on-site warranty
See how Shiloh serves companies just like yours.
Do You Need Shiloh's IT Support?
- Do your computers run so slow it is almost impossible to get work done?
- Do computer problems at your business result in costly downtime and unexpected expense?
- Does it take your "tech guy" forever to fix the problem?
- Do you have a real network, or do you just trade flash drives from office to office?
- Are your customer files, vendor lists, and financial information secure against hackers?
- Is your anti-virus software up-to-date, or have the latest viruses, spyware, and malware eaten its lunch?
- Does a good backup protect your data from a system failure, or are you one lightning strike away from losing everything?
- Is your computer softrware productive, or do you find employees using sticky notes and paper pads to get things done?